Friday, October 17, 2008

Headache

This wrinkle in time, I cant give it no credit
I thought about my space and I really got me down
(got me down)
Got me so down, I got me a headache
My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound
Frank Black - Headache
I should go back to college, With all the reading about Credit Default Swaps, Bonds, Stocks, etc. I should be able to CLEP out of 3/4 of an economics degree. Let's see how bad the Friday sell off is... only 59 points down! huh. I didn't see that one coming. I figured about 300-400 points down.

I'm starting to get mad at a lot of people lately. The way I see it America had a good thing going for quite some time, and people started fucking with it to get an extra buck out of it. You had stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and commodities like oil, metals, and pork bellies. It was simple and money could be made or lost in the free market. Now we have Credit Default Swaps, Hedge funds, and people buying and selling commodities that never are delivered. They just couldn't leave well enough alone, they just had to fuck with it.

Just remember that this is just the beginning. We have a long row to hoe before we see the real spectacular fireworks. It took four years for the Weimar Republic to collapse. They were doomed to fail because they wanted to finance a war without paying for it. No taxes or bonds were issued, they inflated their economy to pay for it. This sound familiar? If the NIC (Nitwit in charge AKA George W. Bush) wanted to war on Afganistan and Iraq and issued war bonds, I would have bought some.

Remember back at the time we just survived Y2K, the economy was booming, and all was pretty much right in the world. I had extra cash, and would welcome the bonds as I could use them to bolster my retirement. They did issue "Patriot Bonds" but they were just a re-branded EE series bond. No real reason for me to invest some spare cash there. You gotta give me something extra. But no, the NIC took the Republican way, and inflated the economy to pay for the war. The Democrats would have taxed us to all hell, so we would be just as fucked.

In the Weimar Republic the Papiermark was so hyperinflated due to the government printing monopoly money to pay the reparations set by the Treaty of Versailles and to pay the state workers. It was cheaper to burn money than to buy wood, how fucked up is that? The citizens had enough of that bullshit and elected Stresemann to fix it. The first thing they did was to switch currencies to the Rentenmark, which was based on the price of land. More importantly he stopped the printing presses. These two factors stabilized the economy for a little while.

The interim currency was replaced with the Reichsmark in 1926. There was good times in Germany then, they were experiancing a cultural revival at the time, which got swept up by the Nazi war machine and exploited to its fullest. The crash of 1929 destabilized the contry once again, and led to the rise of Hitler. No crash of 1929, and odds are Hitler wouldn't have become Chancellor. I wonder how many facist states will rise after this crash? Is America the next "bad guy"?

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
--George Santayana

So we are pretty much fucked. I'm giving more credence to the theory that the government will try to ram the Amero down our throat. I say fuck'em, let's just switch to silver. What could the FED possibly back the Amero with when they issue it? Gold? Pork Bellies? They have nothing! Do not let them do it, don't let them sweep this crisis under the rug. It needs to be dealt with now. The time for letting the Fedz manipulate this country is OVAH! (That's Bostonian for over.)

2 comments:

Mayberry said...

I'll use their "Ameros" for ass wipe....... On second thought, I have more respect for my ass than that!

Staying Alive said...

Forget it, Natog, they ain't going to fix this one. Can't be done.

Michael