Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Liar!

Like the sun coming up every morning, or the US mail being delivered, there is something else that will never fail. What is it you ask? Well it's a politician fucking you in the stink eye the first chance he gets.

Obammy is backpedaling on campaign promises as fast as he can. I just hang my head and laugh. I laughed so hard after listening to the news this morning I had tears streaming down my face. I just see the whole thing as further proof that Americans are stupid.

We, as a nation, latched on a cleverly researched catchphrase and thought he meant it. Well I got one thing for that. I leave you with The Henry Rollins Band:




I'll hide behind a smile
and understanding eyes
and I'll tell you things that you already know
so you can say
I really identify with you, so much
and all the time that you're needing me
is just the time that I'm bleeding you
don't you get it yet?
I'll come to you like an affliction
and I'll leave you like an addiction
you'll never forget me
you wanna know why?
cause I'm a liar

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on man. I didn't vote for him, but at least let the guy take office before you accuse him of breaking promises.

For me one of the greatest disappointments with Obama was his excuse for the Rev. Wright (who I happen to like) thing. How Obama said he wasn't in church on those Sundays.

But the one that capped it for me was his flip on immunity for the telecomms for spying on us citizens.

Abraham

Marine 83 said...

Breaking promises like "change". And then hiring klintonistas a passel Klintonistas?

Marine 83 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marine 83 said...

Third time is a charm. Should read...
Breaking promises like "change" by hiring a passel of Klintonistas?

Patricia said...

Since when did politicians break their campaign promises? Obviously, they *never* do, which is why I always believe every campaign promise they make, with whole heart.

:)

It is people who *believe* those promises that have a real, serious problem with reality.
HM

Ryan said...

To a certain degree every candidate has to promise a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage to get elected. Since he also promised to raise our wages and make sure we could get loans for homes but also that peoples homes would not go down in value. His expanded promised may lead to more "adjustments".