Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Oi! My crystal ball's on the fritz!

Well I can't seem to make heads or tails of what in Sam Hill is going on with the economy. I guess if there are enough people brainwashed into believing this ponzi scheme works they might be able to hold of disaster. I'm not bettign on it, I've been stocking up on more food.

I've made two batches of cornbread, but the "real" cornmeal is playing havoc with the recipes I have access to. The second batch is much better, but I need to up the regular flour, and cut back on the cornmeal. It's good stuff, would do Michael proud. We don't have a hell of a lot going for us up here, but we still have access to healthy food if you look hard enough. Once I get the recipe the way I like it I'll post it.

Something is just not right. I have that feeling of suddenly waking by someone being near you when you're not used to it. Oil's dropping towards the bargain price of $100 a barrel. So far, the fedz have not bailed out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. So my Crystal ball must be broken, got to see about it getting looked at.

I'm dying to go camping this weekend. I got my work cut out for me. I'll be talking with my three buddies, and see if they are preparing like I am. I know one is. Now I need to convince Jack to pull his Republican blinders off and look at what's really going on. He's completely blinded by his love for all things republican, and hatred for all things liberal. Since the nitwit in charge is Republican then he can do no wrong. I've tried to open his eyes by pointing out the farce that led to the war in Iraq. Mindlessly he tows the party line.

My other buddy Chuck, isn't a political slave, but I'm not sure of his political leanings. I've only known him for about 10 years, and he lives pretty far away from me, so we don't hang out as much as I'd like to. I know we agree that all politicians are crooks, but as to individual issues I'm not sure.

Well it's going to rain like hell on Saturday, so we will be playing boardgames and drinking beer. I love a good game. our favorites include "Settlers of Catan", "Boomtown", "Citadels", and "Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers". All the games have relatively simple rules, but you can develop complex strategies. Perhaps I should review each of them sometime.

Remember to add boardgames and a deck of cards to your stash. Not just for the kids, you're going to go batty if your holed up at home with no power and nothing to do together. Well no rest for the wicked, time to dial into the job and work on servers. Joy!

1 comment:

Staying Alive said...

Corn bread is nice and so is fried mush in the morning. Cheap too!

Michael