Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where do I even begin?

I get a day off, and the world takes another step into deeper water. I cannot even fathom how this bailout is a good idea. Then Bush is telling congress to pass it in a few days. Nothing good will come of this, especially as all the congressional nitwits can say "we were rushed into it!" And the Republicans can say "we tried to fix it!"

Just thinking about it I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

I spent the day yesterday doing what everyone should do: PREPARE! In the morning I went to the range with my pistol(s) and rifle. I spent most of my time there shooting my .22 pistol, then the .45ACP Sig. I'm getting much better, the time invested at the range is really showing. I haven't shot the .45 in 6 weeks, but I did much better this time because of the practice with the .22 target pistol. .45 rounds are 35 dents each, where the .22 rounds are just 5.5 cents. You still need to practice with the .45, just not as often.

I then went on a silver-hunting spree. I called all over the place and found a pawn shop selling 1oz. rounds for $16 each. Silver was $13.28 an ounce so I bought 4 to start. It's not much, but over time it will add up. The dude was very interested in why i was buying silver, so I told him it was a "hedge against inflation". He's says "64 dollars worth won't get you far, what are you really doing with it?" I just said it was better to give to my (imaginary) nephews than a savings bond right now. He bought that story, so I'm in the clear for now. He has more, so I plan on buying a few every week, so long as the food preps are all set.

I then went into my stash and ran a mental inventory. I'm doing pretty good for myself, but If I need to help out others I'm kinda screwed. I did pick up some comfort food at wally world, while checking out ammo prices, I got myself 4 cans of Spaghetti-O's. A favorite from my childhood. I need more buckshot though. I have a good amount of slugs, but I need some more buckshot. I have 25 now, and that is woefully inadequate if the poop hits the fan. guess I'll start looking on the internet - local shops have it for $1.25 a round.

I need to figure out how to buy a FN Fal or an M1A before January 20th, while keeping the bills paid, and increasing my food preps. Looks like I'll be advertising my computer skills on craigslist for some extra $.

A friend forwarded me an interesting article. Granted there is like a 1.5% chance of it happening, but it would paralyze our government. This story at the Washington Times has an interesting scenario if both candidates tie with 269 electoral college votes each. It's a VERY interesting read.

Buy tangibles, spend time with family and friends, prepare your skills, your mind, and your soul for what might happen. Hope for the best.

No comments: