Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I smell Bullshit

I was born at 7pm, but it wasn't last night. In this article Bernanke claims that this is nothing like the Great Depression. Technically, he's right, but he's not telling the truth: It's much worse.

Let's start with the urban vs rural life of the '30's. Like some Vegan Femnazi or Metrosexual knows how to kill, eviscerate, butcher and cook an animal. I was raised in the sticks and I'm clueless on how to do it.

He talks of a "social structure" we have in the US. He's talking about welfare, food stamps and social security. So I have to ask what happens when the US currency is reduced to Monopoly Money?

These press releases, conferences, statements, etc. are all designed to lull you into sleep. This is what's going on with the stock market. The investors are nodding off at the wheel and trading as if the economy is fine, leading to a 4-5 day rally. Then the next bit of bad news from the real world filters into their dream world, jarring them awake for a dip that wipes out most of the gains. Then another round of Kool-Aid press conferences to lull them back to sleep.

I'm going to quote one of my favorite books, Dune by Frank Hebert,

"The Sleeper must awaken."

To boil down 600+ pages, the book is about a human being evolving. Granted he's doing this to revenge his slain father, and establish himself as the Emperor of the Known Universe. But this man evolved to fit his new circumstances, and triumphed.

This is what I am doing. I am evolving. I'm not planning on growing a third arm, or flippers, but they way I think. They way I look at the world. I am changing how I process information. Not just from the Mass Media but the data from the world around me. Noticing graffiti, deer tracks, or where the Geese poop. Tuning my hearing to catch codewords to alert my attention too.

It's not easy, but I think I have a bit of advantage in that I have had to wrestle with my thought patterns before. Changing my thinking from an ignorant racist, to a more enlightened (but not perfect) way of thinking. Break the mental chains, free your mind.

I guess The Matrix has a similar vein of thought. The protagonist doesn't accept the world he sees is real, and evolves (with a lot of help) to help overthrow their oppressors. The first step is to see the Truth of the situation. The only way to do this is to educate yourself. Read history to bring to light the past influences, to see the foundations of the current event. Then fill in the details until you see what is really going on.

In the past six months I've come to see the Federal Reserve system for what it is. I have always known the Democrat and Republican parties were terrible for the US, but now I'm seeing the depth of just how bad they are for us Serfs. I've always suspected the Mass Media as being corrupt, but the past election has shown just how little they can be trusted. I've found many individuals on the web with similar ways of thinking.

Now it's my turn to pass along my knowledge to others.

2 comments:

Sunfighter said...

Bullshit it is. Evolution is what it is all about. Some of us are evolving, some devolving. Dune was a great book. My favorite of all time was City by Clifford D. Simak. I was always fond of the character "Joe". Great read if you haven't read it.

Computer programming alters you brain. Makes you think differently. Other ways are possible to alter your perceptions. Ever sat out in the woods at night and tune in to the activities going on around you ?

I used to be so finely tuned to my enviornment that a noise would happen outside and my other half would say what's that. I'd say a cat just knocked that jar of the fence. She went and looked and that is what happened. I always knew what was going on around me, still do. It may sound like BS, but it's the truth.

Connect to other than the simple BS world of man, and there is a whole universe of things to perceive. Evolution is the name of the game...

Mayberry said...

Yup. We're elbow deep in it. It's gonna get deeper too before it gets flushed.....