Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reality meets my fiction?

Well we got a bit more info in this informative article about coronal ejections from our sun.
Help is not coming any time soon, either. If it is dark from the eastern seaboard to Chicago, some affected areas are hundreds, maybe thousands of miles away from anyone who might help. And those willing to help are likely to be ill-equipped to deal with the sheer scale of the disaster. "If a Carrington event happened now, it would be like a hurricane Katrina, but 10 times worse," says Paul Kintner, a plasma physicist at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York.
To be honest this is exactly what I was thinking of when I started writing the story. The scale of this event can be imagined, but there is a loss in detail in the scale. Without power, the modern society would go tits-up, then rise again as a horde of Zombies.

I know I'm late on the next section, but I've been having a lot of trouble trying to truthfully go through what I would do in that situation. I'm working on it though, when I get time. Works busy as hell so no slacktime there, and when I'm home I got a lot of prepping to do.

1 comment:

Shy Wolf said...

They're talking 2012- do you actually believe we won't be in the midst of: a) a second revolution/civil war, or b) living in early 1900's fashion already, so that it'll not make a whole bunch of difference?
(Talk about a story-line!)
Shy III