Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Damn Banks

"I wish it were possible to make a single amendment to our constitution. Taking from the federal government their power of borrowing."

-Thomas Jefferson


Well looks like they chewed up a whole ton of bubblegum, and plugged the holes in the dike. The sheeple have bought the line of bullshit from Bernanke, the market rebounded and oil is down. The treasury hasn't bought any Fanny Mae or Freddie Mac stock yet, so there looks to be a glimmer of hope. Then again, the dollar is in a slide compared to other currencies, weaker dollar means everything costs more.

Well look at the stories coming out of the IndyMac collapse. Those people might be the lucky ones. If the banks collapse en mass, then the number of people that actually get their money out will be few and far between.

Well I'm not sold that "things will be ok." I'm waiting for the winter to start, up here we will have a lot of people who won't be able to afford oil to heat their homes. Combine that with the mortgage crisis, higher electric and gas prices and we might see the system break down. If we get a few major hurricanes I don't think that hose will collapse the system, but hasten the collapse when and if it happens.

I need to get back to planning. I'm getting a little out of focus on what's important in my preps. I need a generator real bad if there is any chance I'll be able to bug in. Tough thing is they are real expensive. I have my paintball gear all together and I whipped up a document to show it around. I got 2 guys at work interested, then I'll hit craigslist and eBay. I got like $5k in gear over the last 15 years, and I'll be stoked if I can get $2k for it. That's a generator, a FN Fal, and some additional preps. Just got to keep my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

riverwalker said...

I checked my bank and its in pretty good shape right now, but it takes a little while for everything to "trickle down" through the system. I plan to keep a watch on them for anything weird.

RW