Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Incoming!

Well on the ride in to the job today, I saw a maple with the leaves starting to change. Normally we don't see the trees start to change for another month, so I passed it off as the tree being diseased, mentally challenged, etc. A few miles later I saw a few more trees starting to change.

This is NOT a good thing.

Winter is coming, and it looks like it's coming sooner by about a month. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I think this winter is going to be rougher than usual, and I hate to see that I'll be right. Could the other bloggers out there keep an eye out for early signs of winter and post your indications for the rest of the bloggers? Perhaps it's just the northeast, and I hope so as Oil and natural gas are expensive!

3 comments:

Michael French said...

I live in South east Michigan and we are seeing the same thing leaves are changing color and in same cases already falling.

I think this will an early fall and a cold winter.

Stay warm!

Mfskinner

Jess (Ozark Momma) said...

Out at the parents last week I noticed the walnut trees getting a bit yellow in places...not disease yellow either. Strolled around back and sure enough the whole lot in the back field were sportin' the same colors.

Gonna be a rough one!

ElderGuru.com said...

What state are you in? The new Farmer's Almanac is predicting a cold winter. Of course, they ALWAYS predict that.