Monday, October 19, 2009

2+2=5 (for very large instances of 2)

So we are in the midst of a Great Revival. The worst has past. Unemployment is a lagging factor, after all, and the consumer economy is beginning to boom once more.

But wait. Why are there so many homes for sale in my town? In the last month, 25 homes have gone up for sale, and that is just the ones I can see going to the market or to work every day. there is no way in a healthy environment that there are so many homes for sale. Most are not foreclosures, possibly families want to move up in size or retireees want to move down, but that's not all of them.

Please lock your trays and return your seats into a full, upright position. We are all in for a bumpy ride.

I have focused almost exclusively on an economic collapse at this point. My personal issues aside, the dollar's value is plummeting. China will only hold onto American toxic treasuries for so long. When China dumps them we get flushed down the shitter. Our economy collapses. I am prparing for this to happen as best I can. I'm looking for side work to make some extra coin. If I don't need the cash for the mortgage, then i can invest it into land, or silver. I am 99% certian the economy will collapse, I see it an inevitable. The trick is, what happens? Do we face a slow decline into oblivion, or do we face the Zombie Apocalypse? I hope it's not the latter.

On a personal note, I've done 13 phone interviews. I have second interviews with 3, and I bet another 1-2 more will ask me for second interviews. Two of the jobs involve a lot of travel bt pay well, the other is a dream work environment at a gaming company. Wish me luck.

Now get your self some silver to go with all that food and ammo!

3 comments:

Western Mass. Man said...

Good luck to you Nat.

Mayberry said...

I see the same thing here Natog. All this flap about recovery is just that. Smoke and mirrors designed to con the sheep out of their last few dollars. Best of luck to ya man...

walterde said...

I read a post a few days ago, something about China (the fuckers) should dump all their US bonds and obliterate our economy. Well, we are their biggest customer. I cant stand China as a country, nothing against Chinese people I guess since I dont know any personally, except for the ones that run the local Chinese food place but crashing our economy will as I see it also wind up crashing their own. Now just yesterday I heard talk about the Chinese military wanting the Chinese govt to dump their US bonds in retaliation of the US's continuous support of Tiawain. Still, it goes back to the same problem for China, they need us is appears as bad as we need them. What's that say, i'm not real sure but I dont think they are going to cut off their nose to spite their face. My thoughts anyway, feel free to agree or disagree. I dont know you and you dont know me. Sticks and stones may break my bones words words will never hurt me, so there.