Friday, October 3, 2008

It's the end of the...

world as we know it, and I feel fine.

Odds are the fuck Americans in the ass bill is going to pass the gaggle of boobs we call congress. I expected the senate to pass it, as the senate is supposed to do what is good for the State. Congress is supposed to listen to the needs of the people.

I watched Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay the other day. Although I don't use or condone drug use, it's a funny as hell movie for my sick and twisted mind. Seriously, I have never done weed, or anything worse. I'm happy enough killing brain cells with tequila and beer. But onto my point. In the movie, George W Bush says "Hate your Government, but love your Country." Profound Truth found in the modern version of Cheech & Chong movie.

I love my country, and I love it's citizens. I can't stand government and the heavy hand of that government muddling in my business. This just takes the cake. This bill is exactly how Argentina dropped from a first world country to a third world country in a few years. Thanks to Michael for pointing this out. Foreign banks can dump their toxic debts (i.e. bad mortgages in the US) and get bailed out by to US government. So we collapse and the international banks profit.

How could I possibly feel fine about this? Is it some smug assertion the I was right when everyone else was wrong? That all this effort into preparing was not in vain? NOT AT ALL. I feel fine because I know I'll be OK, and my friends and family will be better off because I did prepare.

I need to buy a few sturdy trash barrels and put them under my downspouts. I'll need the water for my garden next year. I did order mylar bags and O2 absorbers yesterday. I slacked off on the job and put together a big order for heirloom seeds, but they are not taking orders until after Nov 1. Hate to say it but they lost my business this year. I fully intend on buying from different companies so I can have the best chance of success.

I'll be buying more silver tonight. Wish me luck as it's in a shitty section of town.

Buy tangibles! Take a deep breath! Buy more tangibles!

No comments: